©All posts copyright
by George Bost
Hi welcome to EuZicAsa: Enjoy: Make this blog yours: Subscribe/rate/comment. Thank you&come back soon.
- Bartok Roumanian Dances played by Rosemary Thomas (make music part of your life series) July 24, 2014
- Rosemary Thomas: Mendelssohn – Song Without Words – Sweet Remembrance Op. 19 No. 1 (make music part of your life series) July 24, 2014
- Johann Sebastian Bach: Cantata #68, Aria “My heart ever faithful” BWV 68 (make music part of your life series) July 24, 2014
- 1.Victoria de los Angeles,´´el mirar de la maja“, Enrique Granados, Gerald Moore (make music part of your life series) July 24, 2014
- this pressed: Illegal Immigrant “Children” Include MS-13 Gang Members July 24, 2014
- Illegal Immigrant “Children” Include MS-13 Gang Members July 24, 2014
- Isis ‘orders FGM’ for women in Mosul July 24, 2014
- Google to face Europe data watchdogs July 24, 2014
- Sudan ‘apostasy’ woman meets Pope July 24, 2014
- Poland ‘helped in CIA rendition’ July 24, 2014
- today’s holiday: Tenjin Matsuri July 24, 2014
- quotation: You can’t depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus. July 24, 2014
- today’s birthday: Simón Bolívar (1783) July 24, 2014
- this day in the yesteryear: Mary Queen of Scots Is Deposed (1567) July 24, 2014
- Deadly Plane Crash in Taiwan July 24, 2014
- The Lincoln Cent July 24, 2014
- WORD: proclivity July 24, 2014
- this pressed: Enjoy!——Record-Setting Bug Is Bigger Than Your Hand : Discovery News—— July 23, 2014
- Central America Unaccompanied Child: Migration United Nations Report July 23, 2014
- After flight cancelations, a waiting game at Ben Gurion Airport – NationalIsrael News – Haaretz Israeli News source July 23, 2014
- © Beethoven’s 5th Piano E-flat major, Op. 73 (Emperor) – Daniel Barenboim (make music part of your life series) July 23, 2014
- David Oistrakh plays Kodaly Three Hungarian Dances 1954 (great compositions/performances) July 23, 2014
- NYPD Retraining After Eric Garner: More Tasers? — NYMag July 23, 2014
- Ukraine Says Two Jets Downed By Missiles Fired From Russia – ABC News July 23, 2014
- Business Standard July 23, 2014
- Fruit recall affects Costco, Trader Joe’s, Walmart, Kroger stores July 23, 2014
- Delta CEO says will continue to bar flights to Israel: CNBC July 23, 2014
- ‘Unaccompanied’ Youths Are Led By Smugglers, Johnson Admits | The Daily Caller July 23, 2014
- Split Obamacare Court Rulings Revive Health-Care Debate – Bloomberg July 23, 2014
- Kerry in Jerusalem for Talks to End Israel-Hamas Fighting – WSJ July 23, 2014
Access Archived Postings
Search My Site
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel or SoundCoud Poems
Top Posts & Pages
- Best 10 Songs from Grey's Anatomy
- this pressed: Enjoy!------Record-Setting Bug Is Bigger Than Your Hand : Discovery News------
- Deadly Plane Crash in Taiwan
- quotation: You can't depend on your judgment when your imagination is out of focus.
- today's birthday: Simón Bolívar (1783)
- JPMorgan Chase bank fraud documented
- Triumphal March from Aida by Giuseppe Verdi
- Monastery of the Martyrs Saint Behnam and his Sister Sara (Order: Siriac Catholic Church - Monastery)
- Brahms Tragische Ouvertüre - Royal Concertgebouw Orchestra [HD] (great compostions/performances)
- this day in the yesteryear: Mary Queen of Scots Is Deposed (1567)
Many A Choice:Arsenic Arts, Virtual Museums tour. Asbestos toxicity AudioBooks BOOKS Educational Environmental Health Causes FILM Fitness, running, biking, outdoors FOODS I LOVE Hazardous Materials Exposure Health and Environment HEALTHY LEAVES MAKE TEA IN THE SPOTLIGHT Lead Toxicity MEMORIES Mercury Toxicity MY PREFERATE RHYMES MY TAKE ON THINGS News on the mundane side of the town Painters PEOPLE AND PLACES Pesticides Photography poetry, poems, poets QUOTATION Radiation induced Cancer and death Radiation Poisoning SPIRITUALITY Uncategorized Weather Yerba Mate, green tea, yacon, una de gato, cinnamon, YouTube: MUSIC THAT MOVES ME
Share On Twitter
Easy SearchAllegro amp Antonín Dvořák art Arts Asia aviation Beethoven Books Business California Canada Christianity Christmas climate England entertainment Environment Facebook Food France Franz Schubert Frédéric Chopin gaming Germany God Google Government Health History Hosting illustration Japan Jesus Johann Sebastian Bach Leonard Cohen Libya Literature London Ludwig van Beethoven Middle East Music nature New York City Orchestra Paris People Piano Poetry Politics Recreation Religion Religion and Spirituality robert schumann Romania Rome Russia science Shopping Spain Technology Television Tempo transportation Twitter United States Valentina Lisitsa video Vienna Web Design and Development wikipedia Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart World Literature World War II YouTube
Share This Post With AddThis:Share |
Visitors’ Country Flag:
Posts I Like
- 194,404 hits
Chelsea Hotel #1
Translate This Post:
Occupy Boston Livestream.com/occupyboston Click to access
ONLINE REFERENCE: Dictionary, Encyclopedia & More…
Internet Archive: Digital Library (Universal Access to all Knowledge)
Island of Lonliness- Rie Sinclair
Gutenberg Project Find your Free eBooks online!
EVERY BICYCLIST COUNTS
KUSC.org, CLassical FM 91.5
Occupy Boston – Live Stream
VEOH.TV: ENTERTAINMENT ONLINE FREE: Give it a try!
Lyrics to Your Fave Songs:
Los Angeles Guerrilla Gardening
PLANET ROCK ONLINE RADIO
Actor Showcase: Check it out here!
Access Song meaning Herehttp://www.songmeanings.net/
The Google Art Project is here
Allspirit: poetry, quotations, song lyrics, writings
Access “Democracy Now!” Here
Wikiquote: Access from here
triple j radio access here!
Jango (more than just an online radio….Get on it)
ProPublica Journalism in the Public InterestProPublica -"Jurnalism in the public interest" - Access from here
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Constitution of the United States – access here
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/hBnrAKnKUsM?a Bartok Roumanian Dances played by Rosemary Thomas 2 hours ago
- I liked a @YouTube video youtu.be/qk3dluDN3Q0?a Mendelssohn - Song Without Words - Sweet Remembrance Op. 19 No. 1 2 hours ago
WebMD: Access from here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL (ACCESS FROM HERE)
MONITORUL DE FAAGARAS (READ NEWS ONLINE HERE)
OPEN LIBRARY IS YOURS: ACCESS HERE
Center for Effective Government (access site here)
eLECTRONIC fREEDOM fOUNDATION: ACCESS HERE
Vintage Music: Access from Here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WEBSITE: ACCESS HERE
FAMOUS POETS AND POEMS: ACCESS FROM HERE ANYTIME – ANYWHERE
Legends of America – Visit here
kjazz 88.1 FM (California State University, Long Beach: ACCESS HERE)
Public Catalogue Foundation (access from here)
Environmental Working Group: Access Here
Change.org (access from euzicasa)
Change.org: "The world’s petition platform.
What will you change?"
ALEXA: euzicasa | Share something you learned everyday!
The Smithsonian Encyclopedia of Life (Collection of Sounds)
NEW Widget AT EuZicAsa: HAIKU TOPICS (ACCESS HERE)
American Songwriter .com (Access from here)
LAWEEKLY – ACCESS HERE
Lyrics, Song Lyrics – SweetsLyrics.com
WEB GALLERY OF ARTS – ACCESS HERE
THE BRITISH LIBRARY (ACCESS HERE)
THE ARIA DATABASE_SEARCH ( U R 1 CLICK AWAY)
AllMUSIC_Widget (one click away)
WIDGET_Classic Cat: The Free Classical Music Directory (one click away)
Time and Date
SHAKESPEARE NAVIGATOR (A MUST HAVE WIDGET!)
Abandoned: Ghost Towns USA (Access Here)
BIBLIOKLEPT (Where you may find your favorite book)
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITTANICA (ACCESS HERE)
Tag Archives: 19th Century
quotation: The value of a dollar is social, as it is created by society.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) Discuss
Herman Melville (1819-1891) Discuss
Books, not which afford us a cowering enjoyment, but in which each thought is of unusual daring; such as an idle man cannot read, and a timid one would not be entertained by, which even make us dangerous to existing institution–such call I good books.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
A word which some lexicographer has marked obsolete is ever thereafter an object of dread and loathing to the fool writer, but if it is a good word and has no exact modern equivalent equally good, it is good enough for the good writer.
George Eliot (1819-1880)
A common and natural result of an undue respect for the law is, that you may see a file of soldiers … marching in admirable order over hill and dale to the wars, against their wills, ay, against their common sense and consciences.
- Henry David Thoreau would tell you (ifyouwanttopaint.wordpress.com)
- Another Favorite Read – Quotes from Henry David Thoreau, Walden (ellehawthorn.wordpress.com)
Eliot, born Mary Ann Evans, was raised with a strong religious piety but broke with orthodoxy in her 20s and turned to fiction, writing such classic Victorian novels asSilas Marner, Daniel Deronda, and Middlemarch, in which she developed a method of psychological analysis that would become a characteristic of modern fiction. Although her novels are serious in tone, they still contain humorous moments. With which philosopher did Eliot have a lengthy, scandalous affair?More… Discuss
Why did the old Persians hold the sea holy? Why did the Greeks give it a separate deity … ? Surely all this is not without meaning … But that same image, we ourselves see in all rivers and oceans. It is the image of the ungraspable phantom of life; and this is the key to it all.
My kind of loyalty was loyalty to one’s country, not to its institutions or its office-holders. The country is the real thing, the substantial thing, the eternal thing; it is the thing to watch over, and care for, and be loyal to; institutions are extraneous, they are its mere clothing, and clothing can wear out.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Don’t let us rejoice in punishment, even when the hand of God alone inflicts it. The best of us are but poor wretches, just saved from shipwreck: can we feel anything but awe and pity when we see a fellow-passenger swallowed by the waves?
(From Scenes of Clerical Life by George Eliot–1858–Book 3–Chapter 22. The story was originally published in 1858 in Blackwood’s Magazine. The first edition of the novel was published in 1910 after she passed away.)
George Eliot (1819-1880) Discuss
The above quote comes from “Adam Bede“–Book Two–Chapter XVII–1859. The quote is in the fifth paragraph.
Read the book at: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/507/507-h/507-h.htm#2HCH0017
Find Out more about George Eliot a
How easy it is for one benevolent being to diffuse pleasure around him; and how truly is a kind heart a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity to freshen into smiles!
Washington Irving (1783-1859) Discuss (Please click this link to read some ‘effervescent’ comments ( not all out of place) about this idyllic, romantic yes, but still true today: it’s easier to put a happy face, than a grumpy one, see what I mean?)
Good breeding consists in concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person.
Mark Twain (1835-1910) Discuss
Mark Twain (1835-1910) Discuss
This is what I think about this:
‘Listening to others is an effective way of learning more about their problems. That will make one think about their own problem, in comparison: Now we have an internal dialogue, that externalize and brings about core feelings that we all have in out make, such as true interest, compassion, motivation to help. So what may start as ‘good breeding’ may end up being a very healthy way to value your own true needs, and wants, when balanced against of those of others.
Of course it all is , like everything else relative, in an ever dynamically relative perception of the evolving reality.’ ©