©All posts copyright
by George Bost
Hi welcome to EuZicAsa: Enjoy: Make this blog yours: Subscribe/rate/comment. Thank you&come back soon.
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel or SoundCoud Poems
- Halliburton agrees oil spill deal September 2, 2014
- Terror suspects held in Saudi Arabia September 2, 2014
- Million ‘have fled Ukraine conflict’ September 2, 2014
- this pressed: BBC News – Ebola outbreak: West Africa food harvests ‘at risk’ September 2, 2014
- Another flight was diverted after passengers fought over a reclining seat – The Washington Post September 2, 2014
- In Liberia, Burial Practices Hinder Battle Against Ebola – WSJ September 2, 2014
- Kremlin says Putin’s ‘I can take Kiev’ remark misquoted September 2, 2014
- Islamic State: Who supports the jihadist group? September 2, 2014
- EU’s Mogherini calls for Nato muscle September 2, 2014
- Spain returns Colombian treasure September 2, 2014
- Embarking on the path to jihad September 2, 2014
- Saving America’s honeybees September 2, 2014
- Windows XP: Your upgrade experiences September 2, 2014
- US ‘targets al-Shabab’s leader’ September 2, 2014
- Egypt police killed in Sinai attack September 2, 2014
- Russia ‘to alter military strategy’ September 2, 2014
- Hospitals seeing more skin cancer September 1, 2014
- Cave yields Neanderthal ‘artwork’ September 1, 2014
- Rhapsody in Blue, White and Green: Turnbull Canyon-Audio (Nightfall In) The Far Dunes – Tim Fachen (moods) 2:23 min September 1, 2014
- this pressed: U.S. military targets extremists in Somalia|USA Today September 1, 2014
- Huntington Beach City Beach Sunset Time-lapse September 1, 2014
- Fast-Food Workers Seeking Higher Wages Plan Civil Disobedience – NYTimes.com September 1, 2014
- US urges Israel to reverse plan to seize West Bank land | News , Middle East | THE DAILY STAR September 1, 2014
- Ukraine Battleground: What We Know Now – ABC News September 1, 2014
- this pressed: Woman who worked in four jobs, overcome by fumes, dies as she naps in car | NJ.com September 1, 2014
- Soyoung Yoon plays at 14th International Wieniawski Violin Competition (Stage 3): make music part of your life series September 1, 2014
- this pressed: Ukraine: Nato hält Niederlage für Kiew für sicher – SPIEGEL ONLINE (Analysis of the military situation: NATO sees Ukraine as already loser) September 1, 2014
- this pressed: Flash – Egypt slams Israel plan to seize Palestinian land – France 24 September 1, 2014
- this pressed from United Nations Human Rights: DisplayNews – Freedom of expression experts call for stronger protection of journalists covering conflicts September 1, 2014
- DisplayNews September 1, 2014
Access Archived Postings
Search My Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Best 10 Songs from Grey's Anatomy
- this pressed: Woman who worked in four jobs, overcome by fumes, dies as she naps in car | NJ.com
- Brahms: Symphony No.4 in E minor - Bernstein / Wiener Philharmoniker: great compositions/performances
- Embarking on the path to jihad
- this day in the yesteryear: Last Passenger Pigeon Dies in Captivity (1914)
- quotation: W. Somerset Maugham: "In the country the darkness of night is friendly and familiar, but in a city..."
- Schumann: Études Symphoniques, Op. 13 (Emil Gilels, piano): great compositions/performances
- Britain Gives Police Power to Strip Suspected Terrorists of Passports - NBC News.com
- Saint of the Day for Monday, September 1st, 2014: St. Giles, Abbot
- Saint of the Day June 19, 2014: St. Romuald
Many A Choice:Arsenic Arts, Virtual Museums tour. Asbestos toxicity AudioBooks BOOKS Educational Environmental Health Causes FILM Fitness, running, biking, outdoors FOODS I LOVE Hazardous Materials Exposure Health and Environment HEALTHY LEAVES MAKE TEA IN THE SPOTLIGHT Lead Toxicity MEMORIES Mercury Toxicity MY PREFERATE RHYMES MY TAKE ON THINGS News on the mundane side of the town Painters PEOPLE AND PLACES Pesticides Photography poetry, poems, poets QUOTATION Radiation induced Cancer and death Radiation Poisoning SPIRITUALITY Uncategorized Weather Yerba Mate, green tea, yacon, una de gato, cinnamon, YouTube: MUSIC THAT MOVES ME
Share On Twitter
Easy SearchAllegro amp Antonín Dvořák art Arts Asia aviation Beethoven Books Business California Christianity Christmas climate England entertainment Environment Facebook Food France Franz Schubert Frédéric Chopin gaming God Google Government Health History Hosting illustration Italy Japan Jesus Johannes Brahms Johann Sebastian Bach Leonard Cohen Libya Literature London Ludwig van Beethoven Middle East Mozart Music nature New York City Orchestra Paris Piano Poetry Politics Recreation Religion Religion and Spirituality robert schumann Romania Rome Russia science Shopping Spain Technology Television Tempo transportation Twitter United States Valentina Lisitsa video Vienna Web Design and Development wikipedia Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart World Literature World War II YouTube
Share This Post With AddThis:Share |
Visitors’ Country Flag:
Posts I Like
- 199,346 hits
Chelsea Hotel #1
Translate This Post:
Occupy Boston Livestream.com/occupyboston Click to access
ONLINE REFERENCE: Dictionary, Encyclopedia & More…
Internet Archive: Digital Library (Universal Access to all Knowledge)
Island of Lonliness- Rie Sinclair
Gutenberg Project Find your Free eBooks online!
EVERY BICYCLIST COUNTS
KUSC.org, CLassical FM 91.5
Occupy Boston – Live Stream
VEOH.TV: ENTERTAINMENT ONLINE FREE: Give it a try!
Lyrics to Your Fave Songs:
Los Angeles Guerrilla Gardening
PLANET ROCK ONLINE RADIO
Actor Showcase: Check it out here!
Access Song meaning Herehttp://www.songmeanings.net/
The Google Art Project is here
Allspirit: poetry, quotations, song lyrics, writings
Access “Democracy Now!” Here
Wikiquote: Access from here
triple j radio access here!
Jango (more than just an online radio….Get on it)
ProPublica Journalism in the Public InterestProPublica -"Jurnalism in the public interest" - Access from here
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Constitution of the United States – access here
WebMD: Access from here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL (ACCESS FROM HERE)
MONITORUL DE FAAGARAS (READ NEWS ONLINE HERE)
OPEN LIBRARY IS YOURS: ACCESS HERE
Center for Effective Government (access site here)
eLECTRONIC fREEDOM fOUNDATION: ACCESS HERE
Vintage Music: Access from Here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WEBSITE: ACCESS HERE
FAMOUS POETS AND POEMS: ACCESS FROM HERE ANYTIME – ANYWHERE
Legends of America – Visit here
kjazz 88.1 FM (California State University, Long Beach: ACCESS HERE)
Public Catalogue Foundation (access from here)
Environmental Working Group: Access Here
Change.org (access from euzicasa)
Change.org: "The world’s petition platform.
What will you change?"
ALEXA: euzicasa | Share something you learned everyday!
The Smithsonian Encyclopedia of Life (Collection of Sounds)
NEW Widget AT EuZicAsa: HAIKU TOPICS (ACCESS HERE)
American Songwriter .com (Access from here)
LAWEEKLY – ACCESS HERE
Lyrics, Song Lyrics – SweetsLyrics.com
WEB GALLERY OF ARTS – ACCESS HERE
THE BRITISH LIBRARY (ACCESS HERE)
THE ARIA DATABASE_SEARCH ( U R 1 CLICK AWAY)
AllMUSIC_Widget (one click away)
WIDGET_Classic Cat: The Free Classical Music Directory (one click away)
Time and Date
SHAKESPEARE NAVIGATOR (A MUST HAVE WIDGET!)
Abandoned: Ghost Towns USA (Access Here)
BIBLIOKLEPT (Where you may find your favorite book)
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITTANICA (ACCESS HERE)
Public domain: PIXABAY pics, Images (Access here)
The News Manual – A professional resource for journalism and the media
A la découverte de l’encyclopédie Larousse
Tag Archives: 19th Century
quotation: The value of a dollar is social, as it is created by society.
Ralph Waldo Emerson (1803-1882) Discuss
Herman Melville (1819-1891) Discuss
Books, not which afford us a cowering enjoyment, but in which each thought is of unusual daring; such as an idle man cannot read, and a timid one would not be entertained by, which even make us dangerous to existing institution–such call I good books.
Ambrose Bierce (1842-1914)
A word which some lexicographer has marked obsolete is ever thereafter an object of dread and loathing to the fool writer, but if it is a good word and has no exact modern equivalent equally good, it is good enough for the good writer.
George Eliot (1819-1880)
A common and natural result of an undue respect for the law is, that you may see a file of soldiers … marching in admirable order over hill and dale to the wars, against their wills, ay, against their common sense and consciences.
- Henry David Thoreau would tell you (ifyouwanttopaint.wordpress.com)
- Another Favorite Read – Quotes from Henry David Thoreau, Walden (ellehawthorn.wordpress.com)
Eliot, born Mary Ann Evans, was raised with a strong religious piety but broke with orthodoxy in her 20s and turned to fiction, writing such classic Victorian novels asSilas Marner, Daniel Deronda, and Middlemarch, in which she developed a method of psychological analysis that would become a characteristic of modern fiction. Although her novels are serious in tone, they still contain humorous moments. With which philosopher did Eliot have a lengthy, scandalous affair?More… Discuss
Why did the old Persians hold the sea holy? Why did the Greeks give it a separate deity … ? Surely all this is not without meaning … But that same image, we ourselves see in all rivers and oceans. It is the image of the ungraspable phantom of life; and this is the key to it all.
My kind of loyalty was loyalty to one’s country, not to its institutions or its office-holders. The country is the real thing, the substantial thing, the eternal thing; it is the thing to watch over, and care for, and be loyal to; institutions are extraneous, they are its mere clothing, and clothing can wear out.
Mark Twain (1835-1910)
Don’t let us rejoice in punishment, even when the hand of God alone inflicts it. The best of us are but poor wretches, just saved from shipwreck: can we feel anything but awe and pity when we see a fellow-passenger swallowed by the waves?
(From Scenes of Clerical Life by George Eliot–1858–Book 3–Chapter 22. The story was originally published in 1858 in Blackwood’s Magazine. The first edition of the novel was published in 1910 after she passed away.)
George Eliot (1819-1880) Discuss
The above quote comes from “Adam Bede“–Book Two–Chapter XVII–1859. The quote is in the fifth paragraph.
Read the book at: http://www.gutenberg.org/files/507/507-h/507-h.htm#2HCH0017
Find Out more about George Eliot a
How easy it is for one benevolent being to diffuse pleasure around him; and how truly is a kind heart a fountain of gladness, making everything in its vicinity to freshen into smiles!
Washington Irving (1783-1859) Discuss (Please click this link to read some ‘effervescent’ comments ( not all out of place) about this idyllic, romantic yes, but still true today: it’s easier to put a happy face, than a grumpy one, see what I mean?)
Good breeding consists in concealing how much we think of ourselves and how little we think of the other person.
Mark Twain (1835-1910) Discuss
Mark Twain (1835-1910) Discuss
This is what I think about this:
‘Listening to others is an effective way of learning more about their problems. That will make one think about their own problem, in comparison: Now we have an internal dialogue, that externalize and brings about core feelings that we all have in out make, such as true interest, compassion, motivation to help. So what may start as ‘good breeding’ may end up being a very healthy way to value your own true needs, and wants, when balanced against of those of others.
Of course it all is , like everything else relative, in an ever dynamically relative perception of the evolving reality.’ ©