Hi welcome to EuZicAsa: Enjoy: Make this blog yours: Subscribe/rate/comment. Thank you&come back soon.
- The Doors – Roadhouse Blues, BEST version (live in N.Y. 1970) December 11, 2013
- Today in Music History December 11, 2013
- quotation: Francis Bacon December 11, 2013
- HELEN FRANKENTHALER (1928) December 11, 2013
- CLAPHAM JUNCTION RAIL CRASH (1988) December 11, 2013
- Mozart – Symphony No. 29 in A, K. 201 December 11, 2013
- Kempff – Brahms Rhapsody op.119 no.4 in E flat December 11, 2013
- Great Performances: Beethoven’s “Overture König Stephan” with Leonard Bernstein December 10, 2013
- Mozart Rondo for Horn and Orchestra in Eb K 371 December 10, 2013
- Martha Argerich, Mazurka Op 59 No 1, Chopin Competition 1965 December 10, 2013
- Quotation: Gilbert Chesterton December 10, 2013
- Today’s Birthday: MAX BORN (1882) December 10, 2013
- This Day in the Yesteryear: UNITED NATIONS CHILDREN’S FUND (UNICEF) ESTABLISHED (1946) December 10, 2013
- News: MID-EAST PLAN TO REPLENISH THE DEAD SEA December 10, 2013
- Article: THE PUTTO December 10, 2013
- Petra Jordan – the Treasury as in Indiana Jones the Last Crusade [panoramas.dk/fullscreen] December 10, 2013
- Colosseum Rome – Pictures in 360 degrees Panorama Photo December 10, 2013
- Gingerbread House: Streit’s German Bakery in Downey Tel: (562) 923-0844 Fax: (562) 923-1313 December 10, 2013
- Self Importance, poetic thought by George-B December 10, 2013
- Puer natus in Bethlehem – Michael Praetorius – Sinfonietta – Sydney Youth Orchestra – SYO December 10, 2013
- Daniel Barenboim – Manuel de Falla – Nights in Spanish Gardens December 10, 2013
- Vienna Boys Choir: Still, Still weil’s Kindlein Shlafen… December 10, 2013
- Mozart – String Quartet No. 19 in C, K. 465 (Dissonance) December 10, 2013
- Great Performances: Bernstein Beethoven Leonore Overture Nº3 December 10, 2013
- QUOTATION: Lucy Maud Montgomery about words and feelings December 10, 2013
- Giacomo Puccini – Suor Angelica (Intermezzo) December 10, 2013
- Today’s Birthday: THOMAS HOPKINS GALLAUDET (1787) December 10, 2013
- This Day in the Yesteryear: IMPERIAL JAPANESE NAVY SINKS TWO BRITISH WARSHIPS (1941) December 10, 2013
- News: PARENTS PLANNING TO FLY WITH CHILDREN, TAKE NOTE December 10, 2013
- ARTICLE: NOBLESSE OBLIGE December 10, 2013
Access Archived Postings
Search My Site
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel or SoundCoud Poems
Top Posts & Pages
- The Dangers of Aspartame (Diet Coke Zero Side Effects Poisoning Pepsi Max N
- Best 10 Songs from Grey's Anatomy
- Quotation: Gilbert Chesterton
- CLAPHAM JUNCTION RAIL CRASH (1988)
- Zamfira A Plecat (Sa-si Caute Barbat) - IOAN LUCHIAN MIHALEA
- Salvador Dali - Mike Wallace interview 1958 - Part 1/2 Mike Wallace, Salvador Dali, and the Parliament Cigarettes, All in the same place at once
- Little light of love - Eric Serra (The Fifth Element soundtrack)
- Mozart - Symphony No. 29 in A, K. 201
- The Dangers of High Fructose Corn Syrup (Glucose-Fructose Syrup Side Effect)
- Daniel Barenboim - Manuel de Falla - Nights in Spanish Gardens
Many A Choice:Arsenic Arts, Virtual Museums tour. Asbestos toxicity AudioBooks BOOKS Educational Environmental Health Causes FILM Fitness, running, biking, outdoors FOODS I LOVE Health and Environment HEALTHY LEAVES MAKE TEA IN THE SPOTLIGHT Lead Toxicity MEMORIES Mercury Toxicity MUSIC THAT MOVES ME MY PREFERATE RHYMES MY TAKE ON THINGS News Painters PEOPLE AND PLACES Pesticides Photography poetry, poems, poets Radiation induced Cancer and death Radiation Poisoning SPIRITUALITY Uncategorized Yerba Mate, green tea, yacon, una de gato, cinnamon,
Share On Twitter
Easy SearchAllegro amp Antonín Dvořák Architecture art art collection Arts aviation Beethoven Books Business cars celebrities climate current-events England entertainment Environment Facebook Food France Franz Schubert gaming Germany God Google Health History Hosting Human rights huntington beach illustration Japan Johann Sebastian Bach Leonard Cohen Libya Literature London Ludwig van Beethoven Medicine Middle East Music nature Orchestra oscars Paris People photo collection photo credit Photography Piano Politics quotes Religion research Romania Rome science Shopping Sports Technology Television Tempo transportation Twitter United States video videogames Vienna Web Design and Development wikipedia Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart World Literature World War II YouTube
Share This Post With AddThis:Share |
Visitors’ Country Flag:
Posts I Like
- 153,419 hits
Chelsea Hotel #1
Translate This Post:
Occupy Boston Livestream.com/occupyboston Click to access
ONLINE REFERENCE: Dictionary, Encyclopedia & More…
Internet Archive: Digital Library (Universal Access to all Knowledge)
Island of Lonliness- Rie Sinclair
Gutenberg Project Find your Free eBooks online!
EVERY BICYCLIST COUNTS
KUSC.org, CLassical FM 91.5
Occupy Boston – Live Stream
VEOH.TV: ENTERTAINMENT ONLINE FREE: Give it a try!
Lyrics to Your Fave Songs:
Los Angeles Guerrilla Gardening
PLANET ROCK ONLINE RADIO
Actor Showcase: Check it out here!
Access Song meaning Herehttp://www.songmeanings.net/
The Google Art Project is here
Allspirit: poetry, quotations, song lyrics, writings
Access “Democracy Now!” Here
Wikiquote: Access from here
triple j radio access here!
Jango (more than just an online radio….Get on it)
ProPublica Journalism in the Public InterestProPublica -"Jurnalism in the public interest" - Access from here
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
LinkTV.org — ‘Connectiong you to the World’ a true kind of news”
WebMD: Access from here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL (ACCESS FROM HERE)
MONITORUL DE FAAGARAS (READ NEWS ONLINE HERE)
Center for Effective Government (access site here)
eLECTRONIC fREEDOM fOUNDATION: ACCESS HERE
Vintage Music: Access from Here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WEBSITE: ACCESS HERE
FAMOUS POETS AND POEMS: ACCESS FROM HERE ANYTIME – ANYWHERE
OPEN LIBRARY IS YOURS: ACCESS HERE
Legends of America – Visit here
kjazz 88.1 FM (California State University, Long Beach: ACCESS HERE)
Public Catalogue Foundation (access from here)
Environmental Working Group: Access Here
Change.org (access from euzicasa)
Change.org: "The world’s petition platform.
What will you change?"
ALEXA: euzicasa | Share something you learned everyday!
The Smithsonian Encyclopedia of Life (Collection of Sounds)
NEW Widget AT EuZicAsa: HAIKU TOPICS (ACCESS HERE)
American Songwriter .com (Access from here)
LAweekly – ACCEES HERE
Lyrics, Song Lyrics – SweetsLyrics.com
Tag Archives: jerome k jerome
Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)
You and I, dear reader, are each the center of the universe in our respective opinions. You, as I understand it, were brought into being by a considerate Providence in order that you might read and pay me for what I write; while I, in your opinion, am an article sent into the world to write something for you to read.
To the boy of twenty it seems impossible that he will not love as wildly at sixty as he does then … His love will never fall, whoever else’s may. Nobody ever loved as he loves, and so, of course, the rest of the world’s experience can be no guide in his case.
The truth is, we each of us have an inborn conviction that the whole world, with everybody and everything in it, was created as a sort of necessary appendage to ourselves. Our fellow men and women were made to admire us and to minister to our various requirements.
It is just at the very age when a man’s character is forming that he tumbles into love, and then the lass he loves has the making or marring of him. Unconsciously he molds himself to what she would have him, good or bad.
David Tomlinson as ‘J’ with Noelle Middleton as his wife, Laurence Harvey as George, Jimmy Edwards as Harris and Hal Osmond as Cabbie in a clip from ‘Three Men In A Boat‘ (1956) directed by Ken Annakin from the novel by Jerome K. Jerome.
In the sun-time, when the world is bounding forward full of life, we cannot stay to sigh and sulk … but if the misfortune comes at 10PM, we read poetry or sit in the dark and think what a hollow world this is.
Ah! how delicious it is to turn over and go to sleep again: “just for five minutes.” Is there any human being, I wonder, besides the hero of a Sunday-school “tale for boys,” who ever gets up willingly?
Quotation Of The Day:
|Jerome Klapka Jerome|
Jerome K. Jerome
|Born||2 May 1859(1859-05-02)
Walsall, Staffordshire, England
|Died||14 June 1927(1927-06-14) (aged 68)
Three Men in a Boat and later career
Jerome sat down to write Three Men in a Boat as soon as the couple returned from their honeymoon. In the novel, his wife was replaced by his longtime friends George Wingrave (George) and Carl Hentschel (Harris). This allowed him to create comic (and non-sentimental) situations which were nonetheless intertwined with the history of the Thames region. The book, published in 1889, became an instant success and is still in print. Its popularity was such that the number of registered Thames boats went up fifty percent in the year following its publication, and it contributed significantly to the Thames becoming a tourist attraction.
In its first twenty years alone, the book sold over a million copies worldwide. It has been adapted to movies, TV and radio shows, stage plays, and even a musical. Its writing style influenced many humorists and satirists in England and elsewhere.
With the financial security the sales of the book provided, Jerome was able to dedicate all of his time to writing. He wrote a number of plays, essays and novels, but was never able to recapture the success of Three Men in a Boat. In 1892 he was chosen by Robert Barr to edit The Idler (over Rudyard Kipling). The magazine was an illustrated satirical monthly catering to gentlemen (who, following the theme of the publication, appreciated idleness).
Among many humorous, and satirical observations, from the story comes the following, sharp edge of a phrase, which read out of context may sound not quite right: so read the book and feel the actions on which the following was dropped:
“It is so pleasant to come across people more stupid than ourselves. We love them at once for being so.”
Jerome K. Jerome (1859-1927)