Let’s say one day you wake up with a taste for ice cream: What flavor would you pick? But this post is about exercise not ice cream: what is your prefered exercise? calisthenics, jogging, brisk walking?
I enjoy a variety of exercises and I do them daily now:
- 28 flights of stairs (ascending only, to protect my knees): I do this in 8 minutes, wearing my 2.5 lb ankle weights (which by the way I wear all the day long). This get my metabolism going, for about 2 hours.
- One hour brisk walking, and jogging for 5-6 miles in the evening (a great way to keep my body in shape, maintain and increase endurance and oxygenation (each other day I wear my 30 lb gym weights vest, and the 2.5lb ankle weights, for strength and stamina (I keep a 4-4.5 miles per hour cadence)
- Two-three days (weekends) are reserved for the daily six miles, and a 20 miles cycling on my heavy bicycle (40 lb) in addition to 1-1.5 hours of brisk walking and jogging. I miss the stairs over the weekend though.
- Before and after exercising I warm up to allow my body to stretch for 5 minutes.
You too can start exercising. Nothing big, it is all a one step at a time, and the first step is the most important and for most of us the hardest to make.
- Good luck: Get outside, walk a little, the time to start is now!