At the #D17 #Sanctuary action at Duarte Square on Canal Street in New York City on December 17, 2011, Episcopal Bishop George Packard leads the charge over the fence surrounding an empty lot owned by Trinity Wall Street, an Episcopal church.
Read the full article by Nathan Schneider: http://wagingnonviolence.org/?p=14370
Everybody Knows: Leonard Cohen
The future is carved into the past, so deep that it will stay there for ever…
… When this present becomes history: How will our present day carving look like in the future? Do any of our present day “leaders” even care about such things as honor, God, Country(s), PEOPLE?
- Would a CofC Bishop Get Arrested for Occupy Wall Street? (saintsherald.com)
- Dozens of Occupy protesters arrested in Manhattan (rt.com)
- Episcopalian Bishops Ask Occupy Wall Street to Leave Trinity Church Alone (timesunion.com)
- Bishop arrested during Occupy Wall Street protests (telegraph.co.uk)
- Hardcore Bishop Leads OWS Occupation of Church-Owned Land [Video] (gawker.com)
- Church That Aided Wall St. Protesters Is Now Their Target (nytimes.com)
- Occupy Wall Street Protesters Target Church That Helped Them (5440fight.com)
- Episcopal Bishop Doesn’t Want OWS Protesters Taking Over Duarte Square (newyork.cbslocal.com)
- Arrests as Occupy Protest Turns to Church – New York Times (nytimes.com)
- OWS Protesters Scale Fence At Lot (myfoxny.com)