Highlights from the May 15, 2012 press conference in front of the Inglewood Oil Field in the Baldwin Hills of Los Angeles CA. The conference was called to kick off the BAN FRACKING campaign in California with Food & Water Watch, Citizens Coalition for a Safe Community, Grassroots Coalition and other organizations and activists from the Los Angeles area. Josh Fox, whose Academy Award nominated documentary, Gasland, has brought nationwide attention to the dangerous practice of fracking, was the featured speaker. Go to http://www.gaslandthemovie.com/ for more on Gasland.
For more information and action/petition links for the Los Angeles and to the Food and Water Watch petition, go to: http://www.ccfasc.org
- Fracking Industry Conflicts Of Interest With Regulators? Watchdogs Concerned (huffingtonpost.com)
- Political Analysis – No Nukes, No Fracking … NO MORE – 02/26/13 (prn.fm)
- Fracking sites no ‘toxic hell holes’ (stuff.co.nz)
- Marcellus Shale Fracking Study To Research Natural Gas Drilling Health Effects (huffingtonpost.com)
- Fort Collins Bans Fracking as Democracy Comes Alive in Colorado (ecowatch.org)
- Frack on Film (slate.com)