Published on Apr 5, 2013
The new documentary “Shadows of Liberty” had its U.S. premiere last night at the National Conference for Media Reform in Denver. Using individual cases of journalists whose attempts to tell their stories have been muzzled by corporations and the government, the film shows how a corporate-controlled media can silence the truth about issues ranging from war to labor practices. In one instance, CBS refused to re-air an investigation by the prize-winning journalist Roberta Baskin on Nike’s use of sweatshop labor in Vietnam.
To watch the entire weekday independent news hour, read the transcript, download the podcast, search our vast archive, or to find more information about Democracy Now! and Amy Goodman, visithttp://www.democracynow.org.
Democracy Now!, an independent global news hour that airs weekdays on 1,100+ TV and radio stations Monday through Friday.
FOLLOW DEMOCRACY NOW! ONLINE:
Subscribe on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/democracynow
Listen on SoundCloud: http://www.soundcloud.com/democracynow
Daily Email News Digest: http://www.democracynow.org/subscribe
Please consider supporting independent media by making a donation to Democracy Now! today, visithttp://www.democracynow.org/donate/YT
- The Nuclear Industry Is DEAD Despite Any “Nuclear Candy” (nuclear-news.net)
- Richard Wolff calls for a radical restructuring of the U.S. economic and financial systems as well as a discussion about the turbulence caused by the financial takeover in Cyprus (euzicasa.wordpress.com)
- Dahr Jamail Returns to Iraq to Find Rampant Torture and a Failed State Living in “Utter Devastation” + Epidemic of Birth Defects, Cancers (dandelionsalad.wordpress.com)
- Watch a ‘Shadows of Liberty’ Q&A Livestream Tonight @ 7:30 PST (kcet.org)
- Media reform conference to take over Denver with panels, parties (denverpost.com)
- Richard Wolff calls for a radical restructuring of the U.S. economic and financial systems as well as a discussion about the turbulence caused by the financial takeover in Cyprus (familysurvivalprotocol.com)
- ‘Shadows of Liberty’ Finally Emerges from the Shadows on Today’s KPFK ‘BradCast’ (bradblog.com)