Shortly after Labouré joined the Daughters of Charity, a religious order devoted to serving the poor, she reportedly began having visions of the Virgin Mary. In one, she was shown the design for what has come to be known as the Miraculous Medal, now worn by Christians the world over. Her role in the medal’s creation was concealed until after her death, so she lived out her life in relative obscurity. In 1947, she was canonized by the Roman Catholic Church. What invocation appears on the medal? More…Discuss
For three times in 1830 Our Lady appeared to Catherine Labouré, 24 year old novice of Daughters of Charity in Paris. During second apparition Virgin Mary showed Catherine the medal she wanted to be struck. We know it as Miraculous Medal. Here is the short presentation of the life of Saint Catherine Labouré, Daughter of Charity whom Virgin Mary revealed such gracious gift. (the film is courtesy of Sr. Patricia Evanick DC).
Krótka historia życia św. Katarzyny Labouré, Sostry Miłosierdzia św. Wincentego a Paulo, której w 1830 roku trzykrotnie objawiła się Najswiętsza Pani. W trakcie drugiego objawienia przekazała Katarzynie wizerunek medalu, który Matka Boża chciała aby został wybity. Medal ten znamy jako Cudowny Medalik. Prezentacja obecnie tylko w języku angielskim.
- Coptic Palm Sunday Street Parade Axed to Keep the Peace (asenseofbelonging.org)
- Novena Prayer in Honour of the Immaculate Virgin of the Miraculous Medal (prayers4reparation.wordpress.com)
- off the beaten path (byuparisfall2013.wordpress.com)
- Chapel of the Miraculous Medal in Paris Gave Me the Chills (theweekendinparis.com)
- May – Month of Our Lady! (swordsoftruth.com)
- Former Anglican sisters are now a Catholic order (insightscoop.typepad.com)