CASES OF COLORADO KIDS ACCIDENTALLY INGESTING PARENTS’ POT (Weeds— “With Arms Outstretched” By Rilo Kiley)

Cases of Colorado Kids Accidentally Ingesting Parents’ Pot

The decriminalization of marijuana in the US is having at least one unintended and potentially deadly consequence—young children are increasingly accidentally ingesting the drug. After medicinal marijuana was legalized in Colorado in 2009, one emergency room in the state saw 14 pediatric cases of accidental marijuana ingestion over the next 27 months. In the four years prior, it had not had one such case. Eight of the 14 children, who ranged in age from 8 months to 12 years old, were admitted to the hospital, two of them to the intensive care unitCannabis edibles, like pot brownies and cookies, were responsible for half of the accidental exposures. More…Discuss


Ending scene from Season 8 Song is “With Arms Outstretched” By Rilo Kiley

Comments are closed.