Quote by Lao Tzu: “The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.”
- Where did it all started? Well here at the Turnbull Canyon Welcome Point
- And after 15 minutes of walking into the canyon we could see the tower….somewhere on a distant hill: How will we get there (check the map you picked from the Welcome center: it tells everything!
- Oh but it did about 40 minutes later….Yeah a know, not all victories take a split second: some take a split hour 🙂 >>>>>But it’s all worth it, when you reach the hilltop and get to see what around you…But first: What was all the fuss about anyway? Well, check the following photos and see for yourselves: Meet us, meet “Nemo”, and everybody else who made it…like the “I made it!” person here.
Some Water Tower memorabilia:
View from the Water Tower:
In a previous post I published the map for the several trails at Turnbull Cyn., here in the Puente Hills Habitat Preservation Authority. I revisited today and met a group of people whom I felt would be good company, and even though it was a quite hard to keep up with them sometimes, we had a blast conquering the hillside serpentines leading to ever so grandiose views of the planes bellow us and all around from the Water Tower.
- Turnbull trail (0.7 miles), to
- Sumac trail (0.6 miles) and left to the
- Water Tower (all uphill 20-25 % incline about 0.25 miles)
Weather: A bit of haze, a bit of breathe, a gentler that normal temperature, and view from the Water Tower, was magnificent…all around us.
Workout level: A great workout for the leg muscles, as well as conditioning, cardio and tops calories burner, placing one at 85-99% of the Heart rate index, depending on the level of fitness, age, gender, weather condition and health status. Backpacking, hiking, just walking uphill is the second best exercise, after stair climbing, but is a very close second too.
Extra (tips): Do not over do it, grow into it naturally, but add a little every time, and do it at least each other day, to maintain the muscles and stamina already gained.
In order to easy the muscle pain, generated by the micro cuts in the fiber, and build new fiber I drink a Gold Standard Protein Powder (but the COSCO powder brands are also good) before, and after workout and believe me that protein goes right where is needed most: to rebuild the muscle needed to undertake my demanding effort regiment. Also I benefit from the joints maintenance afforded by Glucosamine also from COSCO (usually the pills containing hyloruonic acid, and calcium, are the ones I prefer. (by the way you can take aspirin…but that won’t build any new muscle for you 🙂 you know…)
Until next time: And if you see any dog walkers, not picking up their staff, take pictures and upload them somewhere as they have a rule around here (you pack it in, you pack it out: Cool no?) that include dog poop!
Lets keep the poop out of the water table people! and out of the dry dust we breath as it is nothing to good to take in!
But don’t take my word fro it Check the rules bellow dear dog owners: we love your pets, but we also love fresh air, and clean trails…so BAG IT!