MAGNET DANGER HAS GROWN IN US

Magnet Danger Has Grown in US

There has been a dramatic uptick in the number of US kids ending up in the emergency room after swallowingmagnets. In 2002, just one child in 200,000 went to the hospital for ingesting magnets, but by 2010, the incident rate had risen to six in 200,000. Ingesting multiple magnets or one magnet along with other metal objects can be deadly, as they can be drawn to one another within the body, even when separated by internal tissue. This can lead to pinching or evenperforation of the tissue. More… Discuss

 

Leave a Reply: (What... You're shy?)

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s