Farage: The whole European project is based on a dangerous falsehood
http://www.ukipmeps.org | http://twitter.com/Nigel_Farage
• European Parliament, Strasbourg, 16 April 2014
• Speaker: Nigel Farage MEP, Leader of the UK Independence Party (UKIP), Co-President of the ‘Europe of Freedom and Democracy’ (EFD) Group in the European Parliament –http://www.nigelfaragemep.co.uk
• Debate: 100 years on from the First World War: lessons to learn and future of Europe
Council and Commission statements
1 round of political group speakers
In you introduction you said that the First World War was an industrial war. And indeed, you’ve only got to drive two hours up the A4 from here and visit the battlefield at Verdun to see exactly what you were talking about. For those who haven’t visited I think it’s probably the grimmest battlefield I’ve certainly visited on the Western Front or indeed anywhere in the world.
And it was something that had such a huge psychological effect on France that it very much dominated the thinking of Monnet and Schumann post-1945, that this awful think must not happen again. And those of us in politics will all remember the rather famous photograph of quite a large German Chancellor Kohl and a rather small French president Mitterrand, holding hands, standing in front of that ossiary at Douaumont.
And so the whole European project comes from the disaster that was sparked by the First World War and it is entirely understandable that people should have sought ways to prevent such awfulness.
The difficulty is that they chose the wrong target. Monnet and Schumann decided – and it’s shared today by Mr Barroso and the Cohn-Bendits and others – they decided that it was the existence of Nation State that led to war and therefore we have to abolish Nation State.
Actually, what we should have focussed on post-1945, isn’t the abolition of states, it’s to make sure that the European states were democratic, because democratic nation states do not go to war with eachother.
So I have to say that I believe the whole European project is based on a falsehood – and it’s potentially a dangerous falsehood, because if you try to impose a new flag, a new anthem, a new president, a new army, police force, foreign policy, whatever else – if you try to impose that without first seeking the consent of the people, you’re in danger actually of creating the very nationalisms and resentment that you sought to snuff out in the first place.
We’ve done this all before. We did it after the First World War in the Balkans. We said we can’t have all these little Balkan states go around fighting with eachother – let’s bring them together, let’s give them one flag, one anthem, one president and let’s call it Yugoslavia. And it led to horrific wars since 1990, the deaths of tens of thousands of people, as people have fought to get out of a false state.
The European Union is making a very similar mistake because there is no consent for this project. I’ve heard people this morning, talking about the need for a United States of Europe on a federal model. You can only have that if people give consent for it, and nobody has.
And when you put the Constitution [Lisbon treaty prototype] to the peoples of Europe – the first time you really come clean with the electors – they rejected it.
I’m not against Europe, but I’m against this Europe. I want a Europe of independent, sovereign nation states that trade together, that work together, that cooperate together, and I believe the European Elections this year will mark a turning point. The tide is turning. You’re backing an outdated model that seeks to get rid of a problem that actually hasn’t existed since 1945.
Video source: EbS (European Parliament)
• EU Member States:
Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Germany, Denmark, Estonia, Spain, Finland, France, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, United Kingdom
©All posts copyright
by George Bost
Hi welcome to EuZicAsa: Enjoy: Make this blog yours: Subscribe/rate/comment. Thank you&come back soon.
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel or SoundCoud Poems
- ESL: VERBS+PREPOSITIONS (TO, FOR, FROM, AT, IN) September 17, 2019
- Horoscope♉: 09/16/2019 September 16, 2019
- Today’s Holiday: Maafa Commemoration September 16, 2019
- Today’s Birthday: Maureen Connolly (1934) September 16, 2019
- This Day in History: US Constitution Signed in Philadelphia (1787) September 16, 2019
- Quote of the Day: Miguel de Cervantes September 16, 2019
- Article of the Day: The Last Meal September 16, 2019
- diom of the Day: collect (one’s) wits September 16, 2019
- Word of the Day: dapper September 16, 2019
- Lucifer…. September 16, 2019
- Watch “Don McLean – The meaning of American Pie (UPDATE)” on YouTube September 16, 2019
- Watch “Neil Diamond – I Am I Said (2008, with lyrics)” on YouTube September 16, 2019
- We’ll wait and see, but chances are… (Poetic thought by GeorgeB) September 16, 2019
- Origin story – Wikipedia September 16, 2019
- I got 100% on Mismatch! Can you? September 15, 2019
- Horoscope♉: 09/15/2019 September 15, 2019
- Today’s Holiday: Honduras Independence Day September 15, 2019
- Today’s Birthday: Dame Agatha Christie (1890) September 15, 2019
- This Day in History: Steam Locomotive John Bull September 15, 2019
- Quote of the Day: W. Somerset Maugham September 15, 2019
- Article of the Day: Tollund Man September 15, 2019
- Idiom of the Day: code of silence September 15, 2019
- Word of the Day: cross-grained September 15, 2019
- ESL: WORDS TO DESCRIBE FOOD September 15, 2019
- PHRASAL VERBS WITH “GO” September 15, 2019
- ESL: Synonyms, Antonyms, Homonyms List September 15, 2019
- ESL: 250 Opposite Words List September 15, 2019
- ESL: ALL ENGLISH TENSES September 15, 2019
- ESL: LOOKING AT THE FUTURE FROM THE PAST- WHICH TENSE DO WE NEED? September 15, 2019
- Grammar Quiz: Present Perfect: FOR and SINCE September 14, 2019
Access Archived Postings
Search My Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Horoscope♉: 09/16/2019
- Origin story - Wikipedia
- Today's Holiday: Maafa Commemoration
- ESL: VERBS+PREPOSITIONS (TO, FOR, FROM, AT, IN)
- We'll wait and see, but chances are... (Poetic thought by GeorgeB)
- Quote of the Day: Miguel de Cervantes
- This Day in History: US Constitution Signed in Philadelphia (1787)
- Today's Birthday: Maureen Connolly (1934)
- I got 100% on Mismatch! Can you?
Many A Choice:Arsenic ARTISTS AND ARTS - Music Arts Arts, Virtual Museums tour. Arts -Architecture Arts -Architecture, sculpture Asbestos toxicity AudioBooks biking BOOKS ebola Educational English Grammar Environmental Health Causes Facebook FILM Fitness Fitness, running, biking, outdoors FOOD AND HEALTH GEOGRAPHY good foods Gougle+ Graphic Arts Hazardous Materials Exposure Health and Environment infections disease IN THE SPOTLIGHT Lead Toxicity MEMORIES Mercury Toxicity MUSIC MY TAKE ON THINGS News ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS on the mundane side of the town outdoors Painting PEOPLE AND PLACES HISTORY PEOPLE AND PLACES HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY Pesticides Photography Poetry Poetry, Poets, Writers Poets QUOTATION Radiation induced Cancer and death Radiation Poisoning running sculpture, sculptors SITE DEVELOPMENT Social Media SoundCloud Special Interest SPIRITUALITY This Pressed (Press this) Twitter Uncategorized Virtual Museums tour. Weather Whistle Blowers Writers Yoga YouTube/SoundCloud: Music YouTube/SoundCloud: Music, Special Interest
Share On Twitter
Easy SearchAllegro amp Antonín Dvořák art Arts -Architecture, sculpture Associated Press aviation Barack Obama Beethoven Business California Canada Catholic Church China Christianity Christmas Classical music climate England entertainment Environment EUZICASA Facebook France Franz Schubert Frédéric Chopin gaming Germany God Google Great Compositions/Performances Health History Israel Italy Japan Jesus Johannes Brahms Johann Sebastian Bach Leonard Cohen Literature London london symphony orchestra Ludwig van Beethoven Make Music Part of Your Life Series Middle East Mozart Music nature New York New York City Orchestra Paris Piano Politics Pope Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky robert schumann Rome Russia science Shopping Television Tempo transportation Twitter United States Valentina Lisitsa video Vienna wikipedia Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart World Literature World War II YouTube
Share This Post With AddThis:Share |
Visitors’ Country Flag:
Posts I Like
- 482,323 hits
Bathtub Bulletin access here
Chelsea Hotel #1
Translate This Post:
ONLINE REFERENCE: Dictionary, Encyclopedia & More…
Internet Archive: Digital Library (Universal Access to all Knowledge)
Island of Lonliness- Rie Sinclair
Gutenberg Project Find your Free eBooks online!
KUSC.org, CLassical FM 91.5
VEOH.TV: ENTERTAINMENT ONLINE FREE: Give it a try!
Lyrics to Your Fave Songs:
PLANET ROCK ONLINE RADIO
Actor Showcase: Check it out here!
Access Song meaning Herehttp://www.songmeanings.net/
The Google Art Project is here
Allspirit: poetry, quotations, song lyrics, writings
Wikiquote: Access from here
Jango (more than just an online radio….Get on it)
ProPublica Journalism in the Public InterestProPublica -"Jurnalism in the public interest" - Access from here
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Constitution of the United States – access here
WebMD: Access from here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL (ACCESS FROM HERE)
OPEN LIBRARY IS YOURS: ACCESS HERE
Center for Effective Government (access site here)
ELECTRONIC FREEDOM FOUNDATION: ACCESS HERE
Vintage Music: Access from Here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WEBSITE: ACCESS HERE
Legends of America – Visit here
FAMOUS POETS AND POEMS: ACCESS FROM HERE ANYTIME – ANYWHERE
kjazz 88.1 FM (CSU, Long Beach: ACCESS HERE)
Public Catalogue Foundation (access from here)
Environmental Working Group: Access Here
Change.org (access from euzicasa)
Change.org: "The world’s petition platform.
What will you change?"
ALEXA: euzicasa | Share something you learned everyday!
The Smithsonian Encyclopedia of Life (Collection of Sounds)
HAIKU TOPICS (ACCESS HERE)
American Songwriter .com (Access from here)
LAWEEKLY – ACCESS HERE
Lyrics, Song Lyrics – SweetsLyrics.com
WEB GALLERY OF ARTS – ACCESS HERE
THE BRITISH LIBRARY (ACCESS HERE)
THE ARIA DATABASE_SEARCH ( U R 1 CLICK AWAY)
AllMUSIC_Widget (one click away)
WIDGET_Classic Cat: The Free Classical Music Directory (one click away)
Time and Date
SHAKESPEARE NAVIGATOR (A MUST HAVE WIDGET!)
Abandoned: Ghost Towns USA (Access Here)
BIBLIOKLEPT (Where you may find your favorite book)
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITTANICA (ACCESS HERE)
Public domain: PIXABAY pics, Images (Access here)
The News Manual – A professional resource for journalism and the media
A la découverte de l’encyclopédie Larousse
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Online chapel
Access HISTORYnet.com (Live The History
CIDRAP CENTER FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASE RESEARCH AND POLICY
Judicial Watch: Access here!
mp3.li: your music library access here (Always opens in a new page)
Nurishedkitchen.com: access here
Access Here: The Metropolitan Museum of Art Releases 400,000 Images Online for Non-Commercial Use
Kunji San Martial Arts Supplies – for your conveniece – Access here
wildlifelens: Access here
NEWS.VA: Offcial Vatican Network:
THE HOLY ROSARY PORTAL: ACCESS HERE
Glycemic Index (The University of Sydney)
Learn the Catechism Here
Access the Public Catalogue Foundation:
Christus Rex et Redemptor Mundi
[caption id="attachment_99163" align="alignnone" width="300"] CIDSE – TOGETHER FOR GLOBAL JUSTICE (CHANGE FOR THE PLANET -CARE FOR THE PROPLE-ACCESS THIS NEW WEBSITE FROM EUZICASA)[/caption]