Live: IS group claims responsibility for terror attack in Manchester Arena
Police say at least 22 people have been killed — many of them children — in an explosion at a concert venue in the northern UK city of Manchester, in a terrorist attack claimed by the Islamic State group.
Here’s what we know so far:
- Police say at least 22 people have died and 59 been injured after an explosion at an Ariana Grande concert in Manchester Arena at around 10.25pm on Monday night.
- US pop star Ariana Grande has a young fan base, and the venue was packed with children.
- The security services believe they know the attacker’s identity, but are not yet able to confirm it.
- Concert-goers described hearing a massive explosion followed by panic as people tried to flee the venue.
- The Islamic State group has claimed responisiblity for the attack.
- All political parties have agreed to suspend campaigning for UK’s June 8 general election.
Follow the latest developments with our live blog below.
To view the live blog on a mobile or tablet device please click here.