©All posts copyright
by George Bost
Join 3,459 other subscribers
Hi welcome to EuZicAsa: Enjoy: Make this blog yours: Subscribe/rate/comment. Thank you&come back soon.
Subscribe To My YouTube Channel or SoundCoud Poems
- Horoscope♉: 04/12/2020 April 12, 2020
- Today’s Holiday: Annual Bottle Kicking and Hare Pie Scramble April 12, 2020
- Today’s Birthday: Lanford Wilson (1937) April 12, 2020
- This Day in History: Sidney Poitier Becomes the First African American to Win Best Actor Oscar (1964) April 12, 2020
- Quote of the Day: Jane Austen April 12, 2020
- Article of the Day: Jean Duvet April 12, 2020
- Idiom of the Day: have (one’s) head in the sand April 12, 2020
- Word of the Day: wallop April 12, 2020
- Watch “All That Jazz – The Opening” on YouTube April 11, 2020
- Watch “All That Jazz Bye Bye Life” on YouTube April 11, 2020
- Horoscope♉: 04/11/2020 April 11, 2020
- Today’s Holiday: Vlöggelen April 11, 2020
- Today’s Birthday: Herbert Jeffrey “Herbie” Hancock (1940) April 11, 2020
- This Day in History: Liberian President William R. Tolbert Is Killed in Military Coup (1980) April 11, 2020
- Quote of the Day: Charles Dickens April 11, 2020
- Article of the Day: Pyotr Stolypin April 11, 2020
- Idiom of the Day: have (one’s) hand out April 11, 2020
- Word of the Day: tomfoolery April 11, 2020
- Watch “Amazing Grace – Best Version By Far!” on YouTube April 11, 2020
- Watch “Pope Francis’ five cries amid the pandemic” on YouTube April 11, 2020
- Watch “Pope Francis’ five cries amid the pandemic” on YouTube April 11, 2020
- Horoscope♉: 04/10/2020 April 10, 2020
- Today’s Holiday: Caitra Parb April 10, 2020
- Today’s Birthday: Charles Evans Hughes, Sr. (1862) April 10, 2020
- This Day in History: Buchenwald Concentration Camp Liberated by American Troops (1945) April 10, 2020
- Quote of the Day: Herman Melville April 10, 2020
- Article of the Day: Operation Gladio April 10, 2020
- Idiom of the Day: get (one’s) ears lowered April 10, 2020
- Word of the Day: soothsayer April 10, 2020
- Horoscope♉: 04/09/2020 April 9, 2020
Access Archived Postings
Search My Site
Top Posts & Pages
- Puccini : Storiella d'amore Ponchielli: Noi leggevamo insieme Rosalind Plowright & G. Parsons piano, great compositons/performances
- Madonna -- Fra Filippo Lippi (1406 - 1469)
- "The path isnt a straight line; its a spiral. You continually come back to things you thought you understood and see deeper truths." ~ Barry H. Gillespie
- Watch "Rie Sinclair Island of Loneliness" on YouTube
- César Franck: Panis Angelicus with Soprano Danee Robinson
- Take This Waltz: Leonard Cohen
- Quando soffia il vento del cambiamento alcuni costruiscono muri, altri mulini a vento. Proverbio
- Watch "The Eagles - Hotel California (Hell Freezes Over) MTV Unplugged 1994" on YouTube
- Pope unlikely to sway US on climate
- Saint of the Day for Monday, January 12th, 2015: St. Marguerite Bourgeoys
Many A Choice:(The smudge and other poems) Arsenic Article of the Day ARTISTS AND ARTS - Music Arts Arts, Virtual Museums tour. Arts -Architecture Arts -Architecture, sculpture Asbestos toxicity AudioBooks biking BOOKS coronavirus Daily Horoscope DAILY POSTS TOPICS e-books ebola Educational English Grammar Environmental Health Causes Facebook FILM Fitness Fitness, running, biking, outdoors flashmob FOOD AND HEALTH GEOGRAPHY good foods Gougle+ Graphic Arts Haiku Hazardous Materials Exposure Health and Environment Idiom of the Day infections disease IN THE SPOTLIGHT INVENTIONS, PATENTS Lead Toxicity Lyrics Medical Library MEMORIES Mercury Toxicity MUSIC MY TAKE ON THINGS News ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS on the mundane side of the town outdoors Painting PEOPLE AND PLACES HISTORY PEOPLE AND PLACES HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY Pesticides Photography Poetry Poetry, Poets, Writers Poets QUOTATION Quote of the Day Radiation induced Cancer and death Radiation Poisoning running sculpture, sculptors SITE DEVELOPMENT Social Media SoundCloud Special Interest SPIRITUALITY surveillance Tai Chi This Day In History This Pressed (Press this) Today's Birthday today's Holiday Twitter Uncategorized Virtual Museums tour. Weather Whistle Blowers Word of the Day Writers Yerba maté Yoga YouTube/SoundCloud: Music YouTube/SoundCloud: Music, Special Interest
Share On Twitter
Easy SearchAllegro amp Antonín Dvořák art Arts -Architecture, sculpture Associated Press aviation Barack Obama Beethoven Business California Canada Catholic Church China Christianity Christmas Classical music climate England entertainment Environment EUZICASA Facebook France Franz Schubert Frédéric Chopin gaming Germany God Google Great Compositions/Performances Health History Israel Italy Japan Jesus Johannes Brahms Johann Sebastian Bach Leonard Cohen Literature London london symphony orchestra Ludwig van Beethoven Make Music Part of Your Life Series Middle East Mozart Music nature New York New York City Orchestra Paris Piano Politics Pope Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky robert schumann Rome Russia science Shopping Television Tempo transportation Twitter United States Valentina Lisitsa video Vienna wikipedia Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart World Literature World War II YouTube
Share This Post With AddThis:Share |
Visitors’ Country Flag:
- 619,189 hits
Bathtub Bulletin access here
Chelsea Hotel #1
Translate This Post:
ONLINE REFERENCE: Dictionary, Encyclopedia & More…
- WORLD MAPS 0
- Tours of the British Library CATALOGUE OF ILLUMINATED MANUSCRIPTS 0
- check out their pictures: Inspiring! 0
- The Blog Herald Learn more about the Your Virtual World (YVW) 0
- flikelpix 0
- Get Support 0
- WordPress.com News 0
- Get Polling 0
- Plinky 0
- one heck of a guy (Leonard Cohen 0
Microsoft® TranslatorTranslate this page
Powered by Microsoft® Translator
Internet Archive: Digital Library (Universal Access to all Knowledge)
Island of Lonliness- Rie Sinclair
Gutenberg Project Find your Free eBooks online!
KUSC.org, CLassical FM 91.5
VEOH.TV: ENTERTAINMENT ONLINE FREE: Give it a try!
Lyrics to Your Fave Songs:
PLANET ROCK ONLINE RADIO
Actor Showcase: Check it out here!
Access Song meaning Herehttp://www.songmeanings.net/
The Google Art Project is here
Allspirit: poetry, quotations, song lyrics, writings
Wikiquote: Access from here
Jango (more than just an online radio….Get on it)
ProPublica Journalism in the Public InterestProPublica -"Jurnalism in the public interest" - Access from here
THE UNIVERSAL DECLARATION OF HUMAN RIGHTS
Constitution of the United States – access here
WebMD: Access from here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC CHANNEL (ACCESS FROM HERE)
OPEN LIBRARY IS YOURS: ACCESS HERE
Center for Effective Government (access site here)
ELECTRONIC FREEDOM FOUNDATION: ACCESS HERE
Vintage Music: Access from Here
NATIONAL GEOGRAPHIC WEBSITE: ACCESS HERE
Legends of America – Visit here
FAMOUS POETS AND POEMS: ACCESS FROM HERE ANYTIME – ANYWHERE
kjazz 88.1 FM (CSU, Long Beach: ACCESS HERE)
Public Catalogue Foundation (access from here)
Environmental Working Group: Access Here
Change.org (access from euzicasa)
Change.org: "The world’s petition platform.
What will you change?"
ALEXA: euzicasa | Share something you learned everyday!
The Smithsonian Encyclopedia of Life (Collection of Sounds)
HAIKU TOPICS (ACCESS HERE)
American Songwriter .com (Access from here)
LAWEEKLY – ACCESS HERE
Lyrics, Song Lyrics – SweetsLyrics.com
WEB GALLERY OF ARTS – ACCESS HERE
THE BRITISH LIBRARY (ACCESS HERE)
THE ARIA DATABASE_SEARCH ( U R 1 CLICK AWAY)
AllMUSIC_Widget (one click away)
WIDGET_Classic Cat: The Free Classical Music Directory (one click away)
Time and Date
SHAKESPEARE NAVIGATOR (A MUST HAVE WIDGET!)
Abandoned: Ghost Towns USA (Access Here)
BIBLIOKLEPT (Where you may find your favorite book)
ENCYCLOPEDIA BRITTANICA (ACCESS HERE)
Public domain: PIXABAY pics, Images (Access here)
The News Manual – A professional resource for journalism and the media
A la découverte de l’encyclopédie Larousse
Greek Orthodox Archdiocese Online chapel
Access HISTORYnet.com (Live The History
CIDRAP CENTER FOR INFECTIOUS DISEASE RESEARCH AND POLICY
Judicial Watch: Access here!
mp3.li: your music library access here (Always opens in a new page)
Nurishedkitchen.com: access here
Access Here: The Metropolitan Museum of Art Releases 400,000 Images Online for Non-Commercial Use
Kunji San Martial Arts Supplies – for your conveniece – Access here
wildlifelens: Access here
NEWS.VA: Offcial Vatican Network:
THE HOLY ROSARY PORTAL: ACCESS HERE
Glycemic Index (The University of Sydney)
Learn the Catechism Here
Access the Public Catalogue Foundation:
Christus Rex et Redemptor Mundi
[caption id="attachment_99163" align="alignnone" width="300"] CIDSE – TOGETHER FOR GLOBAL JUSTICE (CHANGE FOR THE PLANET -CARE FOR THE PROPLE-ACCESS THIS NEW WEBSITE FROM EUZICASA)[/caption]
Daily Archives: December 2, 2019
Caity Lotz is Sara Lance in DC’S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW
Posted in FILM, Uncategorized
7 signs that you’re spiritual awakening
Posted in Yoga
Quote: Constantin Brâncuşi (“Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.” )
“Create like a god, command like a king, work like a slave.”
(Quote: Constantin Brâncuşi)
Watch “Flashmob Nürnberg 2014 – Ode an die Freude” on YouTube
Quote: Sara Lance (Caity Lotz) (DC’s Legends of Tommorow, S2, E8, @19:30)
“I’ll take a nightmare that’s real over a dream that’s a lie.”
(SARA Lance, DC’s Legends of Tommorow, S2, E8.)
Posted in Quote of the Day
Tagged (1930)", E8, S2, Sara Lance (DC's Legends of Tommorow
Watch “Meiko Kaji (梶芽衣子) – CD Collection (CDコレクション)” on YouTube
Wikipedia: Meiko Kaji
<li class="" style="margin:0;padding:0;border:0;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;line-height:inherit;font-family:inherit;font-size:.75em;vertical-align:baseline;background:none transparent;box-sizing:border-box;display:inline-block;position:relative;"><a class="" href="https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:General_disclaimer" style="margin:0;padding:.7em 12px;border:0;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-stretch:inherit;line-height:inherit;font-family:inherit;font-size:14.4px;vertical-align:baseline;background:none;text-decoration:none;color:rgb(51,102,204);hyphens:none;box-sizing:border-box;display:block;max-width:100%;text-overflow:ellipsis;white-space:nowrap;overflow:hidden;"><span style="margin:0;padding:0;border:0;font-style:inherit;font-variant:inherit;font-weight:bold;font-stretch:inherit;line-height:inherit;font-family:inherit;font-size:.875em;vertical-align:middle;background:none;box-sizing:border-box;">Disclaimers</span></a></li>
Meiko Kaji (梶 芽衣子 Kaji Meiko, born March 24, 1947) is a Japanese actress and singer. She has appeared in about 100 films, with her most famous roles being outlaw characters in early 1970s films, such as the rebels of the Stray Cat Rock series, the assassin Lady Snowblood, and the murderous Nami Matsushima from the Female Prisoner 701: Scorpionseries.
Life and career
Meiko Kaji was born Masako Ohta in the Kanda area of Tokyo and graduated from the Yakumo Academy high school in Meguro, Tokyo. She began to work in the film industry under her real name, Masako Ota, at Nikkatsu studio in 1965 after graduating from high school. In 1969 she appeared in Nihon Zankyoden, one of a series of films directed by Masahiro Makino, who recognized her acting ability and gave her the stage name of Meiko Kaji.From 1970 to 1971 she appeared in the Noraneko Rokku (Stray cat/Alleycat Rock) series of films about delinquent young people.
In 1971, Nikkatsu moved into the pink film business, and to avoid this, Kaji moved to Toei Company. There she made the Female Convict 701: Scorpion series of films. In 1973 she took on the role of Yuki in the revenge-themed film Lady Snowblood, followed by a sequel, Lady Snowblood 2: Love Song of Vengeance. She went on to appear in several of Kinji Fukasaku‘s films, such as Yakuza Graveyard(1976). In 1978, she starred in Sonezaki Shinjū, for which she earned nominations for Best Actress at five different awards shows, winning four of them.
Kaji has worked in television since the 1980s. In 1989 she portrayed Omasa, an informant, in the television drama Onihei Hankachō (the Shochiku–Fuji Television version starring kabukiactor Nakamura Kichiemon II).
Kaji is also a singer. She sang the theme song to Lady Snowblood, “Shura no Hana” (修羅の花), and the theme song of the Female Convict Scorpion series, “Urami Bushi” (怨み節). When both these songs were used in the 2003 Quentin Tarantino film Kill Bill, there was a revival of interest in Kaji’s music that encouraged her to resume her musical career. In 2009, she released a single, Onna wa yametai. In 2011, Kaji released her first new album in 31 years, Aitsu no suki-so-na burūsu (あいつの好きそなブルース) with songs written by Ryudo Uzaki and Yoko Aki.
Kaji received acting offers from Hollywood but refused them all, saying she could not give a good performance in a language other than Japanese.
- Retaliation (1968) (credited as Masako Ota)
- Outlaw:Gangster VIP 2 (1968)
- Blind Woman’s Curse (June 1970, d. Teruo Ishii)
- Shinjuku outlaw: Step On the Gas (新宿アウトロー ぶっ飛ばせ Shinjuku autorō – Buttobase) (Oct. 1970)
- The Stray Cat Rock series (1970–71)
- Stray Cat Rock: Delinquent Girl Boss
- Stray Cat Rock: Wild Jumbo
- Stray Cat Rock: Sex Hunter
- Stray Cat Rock: Machine Animal
- Alleycat Rock: Crazy Riders ’71(野良猫ロック 暴走集団’７１Nora neko rokku: Bōsōshūdan ’71) (Jan. 1971, d. Toshiya Fujita)
- The Sasori series (1972–73)
- The Gincho series (1972)
- Battles Without Honor and Humanity: Deadly Fight in Hiroshima (1973)
- Lady Snowblood (1973)
- Lady Snowblood 2: Love Song of Vengeance (1974)
- The Homeless (1974)
- New Battles Without Honor and Humanity: The Boss’s Head (1975)
- Lullaby of the Earth (大地の子守唄Daichi no komoriuta) (June 1976, d. Yasuzo Masumura)
- Yakuza Graveyard (1976)
- Double Suicide of Sonezaki (1978)
- Tree Without Leaves (1986)
- Onihei hankacho (1995)
- Sasagawa Saho Matatabi Shirizu – Kuresakatouge e no chisou (1972) – Oshizu
- Terauchi Kantarō Ikka (1974) TV series …. Shizue Terauchi
- Sorekara no Musashi (1981) TV series … Yuri-hime
- Ōoku (1983)
- Kaseifu wa mita! 2 (1984) (TV)
- Sutaa tanjō (1985) TV series
- Tantei Kamizu Kyōsuke no satsujin suiri 8: Izu Shimoda-kaigan ni akai satsui ga hashiru (1988) (TV) …. Shōko Hamano
- Aoi sanmyaku ’88 (1988) …. Umetaro
- Onihei Hankachō (1989-2016)… Omasa
- Kenkaku Shōbai (1998) TV series
- Kaseifu ha mita! 21 (2003) (TV) …. Mayumi Hirao
- Anata no tonari ni dare ka iru (2003) TV series …. Shimako Matsumoto
- Nogaremono orin (2006) TV series
- Hasshū mawari kuwayama jūbei(2007) TV series
- Kenkyaku shobai: Haru no arashi(2008) (TV)
- Kekkon shinai (2012) TV series
- Joiuchi: Hairyo zuma shimatsu(2013) (TV)
- Taxi Driver no Suiri Nisschi 34 (2013) (TV)
- Gokuaku Gambo (2014) TV series
- Joshu Seven (2017) TV series
- What Did You Eat Yesterday? (2019) TV series
Watch “Le Meilleur de Ennio Morricone – Les Plus Belles Musiques de Films – [High Quality Audio]” on YouTube
Posted in ARTISTS AND ARTS - Music, Educational, FILM, IN THE SPOTLIGHT, Lyrics, MEMORIES, MUSIC, MY TAKE ON THINGS, ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, PEOPLE AND PLACES HISTORY, PEOPLE AND PLACES HISTORY, GEOGRAPHY, Special Interest, surveillance, Uncategorized, YouTube/SoundCloud: Music, YouTube/SoundCloud: Music, Special Interest
Tagged Le Meilleur de Ennio Morricone - Les Plus Belles Musiques de Films - [High Quality Audio]" on YouTube
Watch “Meiko Kaji – Urami Bushi (Translation in the description)” on YouTube
Meiko Kaji – Urami Bushi
怨み節 (Urami bushi) (English translation)
Artist: Meiko Kaji (梶芽衣子)
Song: 怨み節 (Urami bushi) 6 translations
Listen to music like Meiko Kaji
怨み節 (Urami bushi)
馬鹿な女の … 怨み節
Submitted by ￼mfb05 on Thu, 01/09/2016 – 13:52
The flower, if it is pretty, becomes flattered
(Then) If it shows itself in full blossom, soon its petals are scattered
Foolish woman’s bitter melody.
If fate is harsh, you must accept it
If you show yourself crying, you will be forced to cry again
A Woman, a woman,
a woman’s tears’ bitter melody
This hateful regret, I cannot forgive
It is not erased. I does not disappear. I cannot forget it.
Pierced through, pierced through.
Pierced through woman’s bitter melody.
When dreams bring lingering regret, laugh
If they appear while you’re awake, don’t close your eyes
A woman, a woman,
a woman’s heart’s bitter melody
The most brilliantly red rose has many thorns
If the (thorn’s) wound was not deep, it was not fate to wound deeply
Burning woman’s bitter melody.
The dying fruit of the flower, it can no longer bloom
In blind bitterness it lives out its days
A woman, a woman,
a woman’s life’s bitter melody.
Comments Off on Watch “Meiko Kaji – Urami Bushi (Translation in the description)” on YouTube
Posted in ARTISTS AND ARTS - Music, Lyrics, MUSIC
Tagged lyrics translated, Meiko Kaji - Urami Bushi (Translation in the description)" on YouTube
Watch “Kill Bill Vol. 1 Original Soundtrack (PA Version)” on YouTube
Watch “The Traitor_Martha Wainwright_Leonard Cohen_I’m Your Man_720HD-022711.avi” on YouTube
Posted in ARTISTS AND ARTS - Music, Lyrics, MEMORIES, MUSIC, MY TAKE ON THINGS, ONE OF MY FAVORITE THINGS, Poetry, Poets, Writers, Poets, This Pressed (Press this), YouTube/SoundCloud: Music
Tagged "The Traitor_Martha Wainwright_Leonard Cohen_I'm Your Man_720HD-022711.avi" on YouTube
The Best Free Gratitude Meditation Videos • Yoga Basics
THE BEST FREE GRATITUDE MEDITATION VIDEOS
By Timothy Burgin | November 21st, 2019
In our busy day-to-day lives, we often overlook our best and most accessible source of happiness and well-being—gratitude. The synergetic combination of gratitude with meditation creates a powerful healing and calming effect on our bodies, minds, and hearts. Sitting down and focusing on our breath while summoning thoughts of gratitude encourages us to open our hearts and embrace our blessings. This in turn cultivates peace, positivity, and happiness. We’ve selected six of the best guided gratitude meditation videos so you can easily reap the benefits of gratitude and establish a regular practice.
Six Great Guided Meditation Videos for Gratitude
Check out this list of free youtube videos to learn how to practice a gratitude meditation. Each of these meditation practices is different, so watch all of them to find out which is the best one for you. To fully reap the benefits of gratitude it is best to practice every day.
VIEWING ADS SUPPORTS YOGABASICS. REMOVE ADS WITH A MEMBERSHIP. THANKS!
Joyful Gratitude Meditation by Yoga with Rituals
This 12-minute meditation begins with a brief intro on meditation and gratitude. This practice focuses on abundance and gratitude and ends with a gentle yoga stretch.
Guided Meditation For Gratitude by Boho Beautiful
This 10-minute guided meditation begins by focusing on the breath and then uses the centering thought “my life is filled with blessings and I am grateful” as the focus for the remainder of the practice. You can carry this affirmation through the rest of your day to refocus your mind on gratitude.
Morning Gratitude Meditation by Sarovara Yoga
This quick and simple 5-minute gratitude meditation is a great way to start your day. The background sounds of water and birds add to the calming and soothing instruction.
Gratitude Meditation with Ally Bogard by MNDLF Meditation
This 10-minute gratitude meditation combines a physical feeling exploration of the chest and the energetic heart while mentally listing all that you appreciate and are grateful for. This practice encourages voluntary physical stillness while holding the energy of gratitude as the focus of your mind.
Heart-Centered Gratitude Meditation by Sleepy Santosha
This 7-minute heart-centered meditation begins with invoking gratitude for a helpful object, a safe space, and a kind person. The second half of the practice synchronizes simple arm movements with the breath to activate the heart chakra and to encourage feelings of offering and receiving gratitude.
VIEWING ADS SUPPORTS YOGABASICS. REMOVE ADS WITH A MEMBERSHIP. THANKS!
Guided Loving Kindness Meditation for Gratitude by Declutter The Mind
This 10-minute guided meditation session incorporates the Buddhist technique of loving-kindness or Metta meditation to express love, kindness, and gratitude.
More Ways to Practice Gratitude
Have you enjoyed these meditations and want to further incorporate gratitude into your life and yoga practice? We have several other great resources on YogaBasics for you! Read our article on easy and simple ways to add gratitude to your yoga practice or see this list of the Best Yoga Poses and Mantras for Gratitude. You should also check out 14 Free Yoga Videos to Boost Gratitude to see our list of amazing free yoga videos specifically designed to help you cultivate a sense of gratitude. If you need the inspiration to start or keep going with your daily practice of gratitude, see this list of awesome quotes on yoga and gratitude.
Posted in Yoga
Tagged The Best Free Gratitude Meditation Videos • Yoga Basics
Please, note parallels with famous ‘O Rose Thou Art Sick’ by William Blake, with specific reference to Englishness to remove further doubts. This is widened reinterpretation of the famous poem from the worm’s point of view.
O Rose thou art sick.
The invisible worm,
That flies in the night
In the howling storm:
Has found out thy bed
Of crimson joy:
And his dark secret love
Does thy life destroy.
What the Traitor has betrayed is the ideal of love. His ‘scarlet fever’ is lust, but when it is satisfied by ‘lingering on her thighs’, the Traitor is shamed. He recognises that other young men go off to battle without high ideals and they too become ‘the enemies of love’.
Lovely metaphors – great Leonard Cohen.
Well I guess, it is fundamentally positive, and for a long time I just amaze myself at the beauty of the methaphore, the idea of the world as a stage, as the scene of a quest, in which the spectators are the judges as well, then i heard Leonard Cohen’s explaantion of the line of thought that made him write the poem. It goes like this:
“It was called “The traitor”. It was about the feeling that we have of betraying some mission that we were mandated to fulfill, and being unable to fulfill it, and then coming to understand that the real mandate was not to fulfill it, and that the deeper courage was to stand guiltless in the predicament in which you found yourself”.
It talks about the unvoidable predicament of failure from without, and the only right posture when one’s faced with a situation in which one cannot but fail: standing guiltless, in the predicament in which you find yourself. I think that is positive: not blaming yourself for outcomes of which you could not fully control.
And long ago she said “I must be leaving,
Ah but keep my body here to lie upon
You can move it up and down and when I’m sleeping
Run some wire through that Rose and wind the Swan”
God what a punishment ( the cruelty of the victim is almost far more than of the criminal)
He betrayed her , she doesn’t love him no more but she keeps her body for him to have sex with while her soul is somewhere else …
Damb, aint any Cohen song remotley happy?
The rose is the womans genitals, the swan would be his. The line “run some wire through the rose and wind the swan” would be the woman asking him to have sex with her. He daily performs his “idle duty” but he doesn’t love her. He has become an “enemy of love” for betraying his true love.
1. It seems to be about a man settling for someone who is not right for him rather than what his heart desires. He becomes an enemy of love, The Men of Action Falling back is the man too weak to take action and leave, following his heart. He has a relationship of physical love but not real love. He is a traitor to himself.