Tag Archives: Buckyballs

MAGNET DANGER HAS GROWN IN US


Magnet Danger Has Grown in US

There has been a dramatic uptick in the number of US kids ending up in the emergency room after swallowingmagnets. In 2002, just one child in 200,000 went to the hospital for ingesting magnets, but by 2010, the incident rate had risen to six in 200,000. Ingesting multiple magnets or one magnet along with other metal objects can be deadly, as they can be drawn to one another within the body, even when separated by internal tissue. This can lead to pinching or evenperforation of the tissue. More… Discuss

 

Advertisements