Tag Archives: The Peace Palace Opens in The Hague (1913)

this day in the yesteryear: The Peace Palace Opens in The Hague (1913)


The Peace Palace Opens in The Hague (1913)

Often called “the seat of international law,” the Peace Palace houses the Permanent Court of Arbitration, the Hague Academy of International Law, and the International Court of Justice, which is the primary judicial body of the United Nations. The palace was conceived in the early 20th century and was funded by American industrialist and philanthropist Andrew Carnegie. To show their support for the project, many nations sent gifts for use or display in the palace, including what items? More… Discuss

Advertisements