“Fuga asta nebuna dupa fericire”, ce sunet asurdator de puternic, spus intr-o soapta: Minunat!
Nice how to: Check it out!
Dear Friends, My blog has been nominated for Beautiful Blogger Award by MaaritJohanna and her historically inspiring blog The World of Alexander the Great
Here are the rules:
1. Link back to the person who nominated you. Thank you MaaritJohanna!
2. Post the award image to your page
3. Tell 7 facts about yourself
- I like more and more the people who can extend their loving care towards animals, but I would enjoy a cat loving president for this country (what’s with the dog anyway: let’s have birds, cats, squirrels in the WH, as pets of course. I’m sure it will make a big difference (elephant big difference!)
- I try to be conservative when I plan my next meal (Then of course…I always forget what I planned for! Therefore I improvise…again!)
- I think too much, even though I said I will take it easy…uhhhhh!
- I like biking (I like to call it Cannondaling – a new word and not in the dictionnary – I guess Virgina Woolfe would be very upset on the subject – since my bike is a Cannondale) along the beach (“Rules of the road apply”, is written on wooden boards): There is so much variety of sensory input (one example is last 4th of July I thought the beach, all 10 miles of it smelled lile bear (which is interdicted as a beeverage on the beach, because it contains alcohol) when in fact it was the Sunblock lotion (they do smell quite alike, you know!), and I guess a ton was used that day on the beach).
- A true believer has an open mind towards the spirit of the Universe: I believe in the the micro-cosmos as basis for it all. (Things always start small, wouldn’t you say?)… What happens afterwards is anybody’s best guess!
- I celebrate New Year at Easter!
- Music is as large part of me like water, air, and minerals: Even though they don’t know about this arrangement, they all benefit in the end..(So no internal mutinies now guys – Let’s sail this old ship in peace, al fine:
Film: “Immortal Beloved” (1994)
4. Nominate 15 bloggers and let them know about the nomination:
- Heather Whitley Gibson
- Dotty Headbanger
- Sumithra Sriram
- Karmic Diva
- Four Blue Hills
- dara poznar
- Beach Chair Scientist
- Liebster Blog Award!! (luchessa.wordpress.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award (luccav.com)
- Super Sweet Blog award (elfslore.wordpress.com)
- Nominated for an award! (gorzyisms.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Blogging Award and More! (poetrycurator.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Blogger Award (thevoiceofateenager.wordpress.com)
- Beautiful Blogger Award (tersiaburger.com)
World Health Organisation says has found new SARS-like virus (From Reuters) (click to access report)
(Reuters) – A new virus belonging to the same family as the SARS virus that killed 800 people in 2002 has been identified in Britain in a man who had recently been in Saudi Arabia, the World Health Organisation (WHO) said on Sunday. More
The SARS coronavirus, sometimes shortened to SARS-CoV, is the virus that causes severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS). On April 16, 2003, following the outbreak of SARS in Asia and secondary cases elsewhere in the world, the World Health Organization (WHO) issued a press release stating that the coronavirus identified by a number of laboratories was the official cause of SARS. Samples of the virus are being held in laboratories in New York, San Francisco, Manila, Hong Kong, and Toronto.
On April 12, 2003, scientists working at the Michael Smith Genome Sciences Centre in Vancouver, British Columbia finished mapping thegenetic sequence of a coronavirus believed to be linked to SARS. The team was led by Dr. Marco Marra and worked in collaboration with theBritish Columbia Centre for Disease Control and the National Microbiology Laboratory in Winnipeg, Manitoba, using samples from infected patients in Toronto. The map, hailed by the WHO as an important step forward in fighting SARS, is shared with scientists worldwide via the GSC website (see below).
Dr. Donald Low of Mount Sinai Hospital in Toronto described the discovery as having been made with “unprecedented speed.”
The sequence of the SARS coronavirus has since been confirmed by other independent groups. More
Posted in Educational, Fitness, running, biking, outdoors, Health and Environment, IN THE SPOTLIGHT, News, Uncategorized
Tagged marco marra, mount sinai hospital, mount sinai hospital in toronto, national microbiology laboratory, world health organisation, World Health Organization